Congratulations on fall 2020 awards and nominations: Pola OLOIXARAC, one of the two winners of the prestigious 2021 Eccles Centre & Hay Festival Writer’s Award for her forthcoming Atlas Literario del Amazonas; Courtney Sina Meredith, co-short-listed on the NZSA Heritage Literary Awards list, and Wipas SRITHONG, one among the six finalists for the ASEAN-centric Epigram Books Fiction Prize.
The IWP is among the best known institutions at the University of Iowa, and the premier institution of its kind in the world. Established in 1967 by poet and previous director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop Paul Engle and novelist and editor Hualing Nieh Engle, the program has since welcomed over 1,500 writers from over 150 countries. The documentation of their time and work in the IWP has been preserved in a variety of formats, media, and locations.
- Writer Database
- Iowa City Book Festival presentations
- Iowa City Public Library presentations
- Residency Events-at-a-Glance    
- The Periscope: compact interviews with alumni
- Alumni interviews in a variety of publications
- The IWP YouTube channel: video interviews with writers
- Other A/V materials
- Cultural Diplomacy: A Linchpin of Public Diplomacy (US Department of State)
- Paul Engle Conferences 2001-2007 (under re-construction)